"Working hard is important. But there is something that matters even more; believing in yourself."
Harry Potter

My Little Texas Angels

My Little Texas Angels
Bradley, Abby and Michael climbing the mountain by our house when they were here for Christmas, 2010

Our Sweet Briley Ann

Our Sweet Briley Ann
Briley Was With Us For Such a Short Time. We miss her greatly but know we will see her again!

Adele, My Little Idaho Angel

Adele, My Little Idaho Angel

Davin Joins the Family

Davin Joins the Family
Davin Levi Goodsell

Taking care of little hearts

Taking care of little hearts
Grandma Howard's 81st birthday

Friday, February 3, 2012

Provident Living

I am joyfully, (I think) in the Relief Society Presidency again. Well, the last time I was the president, but this, being a counselor, is way more fun! Not nearly the responsibility. I do have a few "quirky" sisters that sometimes drive me a little crazy. Uh hum, that is a whole other story. 
One of the fun things I do get to do, is the Provident Living Minute. I take a few minutes on the 2nd Sunday of the month and give a few hints and tips on food storage, preparedness, etc. I always have a recipe made from food storage that accompanies the tips and of course I always bring samples of the recipe. That's the best part! 
But, on one occasion, my sample wasn't an edible one. I am now making my own homemade laundry detergent and I shared that with the sisters. 
I put enough laundry soap into small bags to equal enough soap for one large load or 2 small loads. At one load it is only $.06 a load and for two loads it only comes out to a whopping $.03 a load! You can't beat that! And I stapled the recipe and the tips to the laundry soap. Everyone seemed to love it. I love the soap as well. I found a different recipe that adds OxyClean and Purex Laundry Booster that I am going try next!
I let you know how it works! And that is my adorable Bosch Cover that Michelle made me for Christmas. What a great back drop, right? I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment